Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: GAMEVOX is now our comms app... details in the GAMEVOX  section.

Author Topic: win 10 upgrade  (Read 2297 times)

dix

• Members
    • View Profile
win 10 upgrade
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »
Any computer whizzers out there, i upgraded to win 10 when it first came out but there were too many problems a non working start menu for one, so i downgraded back to win 7.

Thought now there's been some patches i would try win 10 again, but fucked if i can upgrade again, media creation tool will not run and the exes in the iso that i used to upgrade the first time will not run. downloaded a new iso, and the exes in that will not run.

Any ideas

Sarge

• Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
Re: win 10 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 06:01:14 PM »
Yeah burn it and start again

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Kanogga

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 03:32:32 PM »
Not a whizz by a long shot but have you tried down loading the full install rather than trying the upgrade?
I think you can get it off the Microsoft site. If you ran the update originally it should still recognise the computer
ughhh... I need to change my username.

dix

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 03:36:42 PM »
bugger new install, way to much rootin around to get back to way i like things, got iso from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench exes wont run. not that fussed now not sure its worth the effort

CharlieSierra

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »
Do you have a legit copy of Windows 7? You shouldn't need to download any ISOs to upgrade to Windows 10 - just use Windows Update.

If you're having issues with Windows Update, try deleting the contents of 'C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download', and then run 'wuauclt.exe /updatenow' from the command prompt to force updates to download. That's worked for me on 3 of my PCs at home without any problems.

dix

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 01:03:15 AM »
done all that cs several times cant even get it through update, yeah m8 legit oem :)had the bastard installed when it came out.
starting to think when i was a bit inebriated i have stopped the upgrade somehow .  have been know to tweak the registry a bit lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:10:46 AM by dix »

CharlieSierra

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »
Ok, in that case you might need a bigger hammer  8) Run this script to reset all of the Windows Update components, which is based on this Microsoft KB article (don't worry it's legit, check it out for yourself). Also, make sure you've got enough free disk space on C, if you've rolled back a previous upgrade there might still be a copy of your old system files (might be C:\Windows.old\ or something like that) that might be taking up space and preventing the download to complete.

dix

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 12:42:34 AM »
yeah m8 deleted windows old after first reset to win 7, have reset win update several times.30  g free c: hmmm might be the problem will trim some of the shit out
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:45:01 AM by dix »